About the employer brand
An emerging fintech brand is reimagining financial products as consumer products, like Spotify or Netflix, or Dropbox, making money and tools/services to manage it, available for a simple monthly subscription fee so you can stream, share, and sync it across accounts, devices, funding instruments, friends or family. Our mission is to help our users demystify their finances, maximize their savings, participate in sustainable debt efforts and spend intelligently. We strive to build an open financial inclusion network.
The venture is aiming to build out of India for the world, they are already growing at a massive scale in the US and entering the Canadian markets soon. The markets can further expand once the marketing org kicks in with more rigour.
Reporting Head: Founder and CEO
Primary marketing goal:
To drive the business goals of scaling the user base 3-5x times by 2023 with major focus on organic growth and content-led marketing. Success – Achieving the key business metrics on User Acquisition, Engagement and Retention while driving growth and global expansion.
Title – Chief Marketing Office/Sr VP – Marketing
What will the person own:
- Complete autonomy over all things marketing
- Full ownership of the marketing stack, technology and vision
- Solve a fundamental problem and help bring financial autonomy to millions of young Americans
- Build, mentor, educate and lead marketing team with regard to the company’s vision, opportunities & challenges
- Work with an exceptional product and technical team and help build of a product that makes a difference and generate real value
- Work closely with the founder and drive adoption of a world-class product the way a co-founder can
- Build a world-class marketing team to create helpful content and drive Social Media Engagement
- Build Marketing Stack of the core user acquisition strategy
- Own P&L for new user acquisition
- Set up KPIs for traffic through Content Marketing, Social Media and Paid Marketing
- Handle millions of dollars of Marketing Budget
- Be mad for growth through organic channels – excellent vision for Content Marketing and Social Media engagement
- Contribute to the overall growth of the company
- Make the right Martech stack, architecture, and strategy decisions
- Design, plan and execute effective marketing campaigns
- Must have a deep empathy for the target customer base that is struggling with managing their finances
- 7-10 years of experience in setting up Marketing stacks, preferably for a B2C startup
- 3+ years of leadership experience, ideally someone who’s currently a VP/Director of Marketing at a B2C FinTech startup (At Least 2 years of experience in a fintech startup is mandatory)
- Must attract great talent, someone that 10x marketers from top Indian startups would aspire to work with
- Excellent understanding of Marketing Analytics, Marketing Automation, SEO, & SEM
- Has taken ownership of and delivered on P&L responsibilities for user acquisition
- Must have an immense focus on driving user growth through organic channels and not by inefficient use of money
- Creative, smart, and driven to take charge of the Marketing Stack and own the P&L of new user acquisition for a product to financially empower every variable-income American.
- The ideal candidate would have experience leading omnichannel Digital Marketing of a top B2C startup in Developed markets or European/US markets.
- Openness and drive to work longer hours, working alongside a 100% remote team seeking to create an impact.
- Pre-Series A funded startup (Secured $29 million dollar in funding so far) – in the process of raising Series – A
- Leading Bay Area based high growth fintech startup hiring in India ( 100% remote work with on need travel )
- Backed by top investors – Massive.vc, TASC Ventures, Goodwater Capital and more
- Owns 75 consumer FinTech patents
- Top class employee benefits including unlimited leaves, flexible work timings – fully remote, work at your own hours & more
- Brilliant founding team and peers and Ex-Global Product Head of Paypal as CEO
- >100% MoM growth, >90% user retention
- At WinnerBrands, we are on a mission to create a community of the brightest marketing minds to deliver impactful, rewarding, and purposeful work by collaborating, contributing & co-learning with smart peers. Backed by Busybeebrands.com, a pioneering brand-building firm that has helped some of the most disruptive new-age brands in the country craft their brand and marketing strategy, we find opportunities with progressives startups and brands in the domain of marketing with multiple engagement models for our talent partners, freelance / part-time or full-time.